Re: Recovering FCP ??

Recovering FCP ?? (July 23, 2008 06:21AM) FemmeFinal
Hola ! I am self taught ( you may be able to figure that out from my posts) and strugglin slowly through with all this so please be patient with me! Ok.. forewarned !

I have a MBP with FCstudio 2 however a young stud came to my place to help erase unwanted crap from computer memory and wouldnt ya know he was erasing what we thought was unneeded foreign language files on the FCP application and poooof the FCP application is Gone! Yikes. There is now a question mark where FCP was and I do not have FCP in my applications.

Does that mean the program is GONE FOREVER??? I have only a copy of MY original install disks (long story..please no lectures at the stupidity of no longer having originals) which i dont nessesarily trust and I dont know what is involved in reinstalling. Other applications such as garage band sound track etc are still there.

Any sage advice would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 24, 2008 02:46AM) FemmeFinal
Hmm...no replies... Was it something I said??
Hopefully you truly can relate to how it is for someone totally new to this .
Imagine if you decided to get into sewing and bought a great sewing machine and some top notch patterns but you were sitting alone in a room trying to figure everything out on your own. It feels that way for me with FCP and computers.

Any info or help would make a huge difference but perhaps I am just out of my league on this forum?
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 24, 2008 05:04AM) Ken Stone Admin
Well, your post was a bit cryptic. If the FCP application was deleted from your Mac you are going to have to reinstall.

Before you do, do a search for FCP, maybe he moved the app to another folder.

--ken
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 24, 2008 04:36PM) FemmeFinal
Thanks Ken...Sometimes when I write to those who live in a new country I may have strange idioma...but I do appreciate your assistance greatly!

How can i possibly find what folder this application could be in? I type FCP into spotlight and there all kinds of FCP pro folders but I am confused...system support, user data, additional user steps,documents...help?!! What ?Where?I really dont want to go further down the worm hole , futs of the MBP without a flashlight or candle...thats where this forum comes in!!
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 24, 2008 05:47PM) Ken Stone Admin
Try this, in the Finder > File menu > Find > Final Cut Pro.

--ken
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 25, 2008 03:01AM) FemmeFinal
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 25, 2008 07:08AM) Ken Stone Admin
This is what you are looking for. The FCP application icon.

--ken
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 27, 2008 05:48AM) FemmeFinal
Sorry for taking so long to check in Ken...life is busy at times....I see you have sooo many posts now perhaps you may not get to this one again and I totally understand!
Anyway I have searched and searched and it FCP is gone.

So now I need to learn about reinstalling. Should I delete all the other applications such as garage band etc that come in the FCStudio package in order to not install them twice, as they are still all on my mac and functioning. Oh boy this is really over my head! Hope I dont destroy my mac...that would be really too much to take and dont think I would ever return!!
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 27, 2008 06:28AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 29, 2008 02:19AM) FemmeFinal
Are you still checking this thread way under the pile Ken ??
Ok I had FCstudio 2 but it is gone.

I may have found someone to help me reinstall FCP but he needs to have my Mac for a few days to do that. I would rather not expose everything to him so rather than clearing my computer which would be a huge chore can i just create another admin account for him to install FCP there? After installed I would use that account to use the program. Would that make things difficult down the raod ie using photos on other account or is that a fine idea?
I really appreciate your imput on all this. Thanks ALOT!
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 29, 2008 05:39AM) Ken Stone Admin
I'm still here. It's a pain when you don't have the installer disks.

As you know, you have to be in Admin mode to install software. The problem with creating a second Administrator acct is that the new admin will have all the same rights and privileges as your original admin acct. So the new admin would have access to everything on your Mac.

--ken
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 29, 2008 06:54AM) FemmeFinal
Hmmm ... I thought that he would need my password to my admin account get to see my iphotos and documents etc and that the newly created other admin account would just allow him to install on that area and not see the details of those folders of mine. Oh boy another problem...when does it start to get fun?!! Thanks for your help
Re: Recovering FCP ?? (July 29, 2008 07:22AM) Ken Stone Admin
As far as I know Admin always has full privileges, regardless of how many Admin accts you have. User accts can be restricted, but you need Admin to install.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login