Jumbled Motion 3 Files Sent from FCP

Jumbled Motion 3 Files Sent from FCP (July 24, 2008 12:47AM) MarkLoPresti
I just finished cutting a timeline in FCP 6.0.4. It's made up of only .aiff files and four clips with sync audio. Very basic and cuts only. The video clips are green screen shots and Motion is perfect to finish off this graphics heavy spot.

I highlighted the timeline and selected 'send to motion project' as I've done many times before, only in other projects. The clips are not only out of order, but it imported raw video clips that didn't even make the cut, (actually EVERY extra clip stacking them up as separate layers within their own group. Same goes for the audio.

I've had this happen before, but I learned it was because I named my clips using dots ... while I digitized. FCP didn't care, but the extra dots in the file names confused Motion, and STP as well.

I checked my raw FCP clips on the hard drive and the file names contain no characters that have caused past problems.

BTW, when sending to Motion 3, I both selected and deselected the 'embed "Motion" content' checkbox. Made no difference.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login