Re: DVD for playback in China...

DVD for playback in China... (July 25, 2008 07:26AM) antdfsc
Hello,

I have to create a loopable dvd for a client to be played back at a trade show in China. I am not sure if they are bringing the DVD player and TV or using one locally (which is what I am thinking would be the most logical, but you never know). I was planning on making both a NTSC DVD and a PAL DVD using Studio Pro. In the world of DVDs is it still necessary to do it in both formats? If so do I need to export a PAL quicktime movie from FCP, or can I still use the NTSC video and make a PAL DVD? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Anthony
Re: DVD for playback in China... (July 25, 2008 09:28AM) Ken Stone Admin
Can you find out which standard they use in China?

I would export this way from FCP.

File > Export > QT (Not with Conversion). Make Self Contained, Use Current Settings, Do Not Recompress all frames.

I would then take that into Compressor and make a NTSC and PAL version. The NTSC version is going to look better, so if you can play NTSC in China, use that. The PAL version could be a backup.

--ken
Re: DVD for playback in China... (July 25, 2008 10:16AM) David Harbsmeier
Both China and Hong Kong are on the PAL television system.

-DH
Re: DVD for playback in China... (July 25, 2008 10:45AM) antdfsc
Thanks, I was not sure if I needed to have the PAL file before it hit compressor. I would much rather run compressor all night then wait for the file to export from FCP. Thanks for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login