Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence

photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 09:32AM) larrys
Hey Ken,

I have photos that are 1080 x 720 pixels and 180 resolution (these are 4 by six inch photos)

What is the best way to bring these into a hd dimension sequence in fcp?

Thanks!

Larry
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 09:40AM) Ken Stone Admin
What is the dimenstions of your HD frame in the timeline? Check sequence settings.

--ken
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 10:44AM) larrys
Ken,

The dimensions of the hd frame are 1920 x 1080

Thanks,

Larry
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 11:00AM) Ken Stone Admin
So make your photo that size, unless you want to do a pan and scan, make dpi 72.

--ken
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 11:03AM) larrys
Yes, I want to do some of the ken burns movement, so i will leave resolution as is. Correct?
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 11:10AM) Ken Stone Admin
144 dpi is probably large enough for you to do your work. You do want to keep the photo file as small as possible. If you need more enlargement, then leave it where it is.

You might find that you use up the extra dpi when you resize the photo to 1920 x 1080. Try 144 dpi first, test.

--ken
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 03:19PM) larrys
Ken,

If I out any photo into the sequence, I get the "dropped frames" warning. Any clues?

Larry
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 03:34PM) Ken Stone Admin
Need to know about your Mac model, what version FCP and QT, how much ram, scratch drives, how full?

What format is the photo?

Did you render?

--ken
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 03:52PM) larrys
Ken,

FCP 6.0.2
Quicktime 7..3.1
Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo
2 GB Ram
Internal Hard Drive has 10 gigs available
Photos are jpegs
Yes, i rendered.

Thanks!
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 03:56PM) Ken Stone Admin
You said internal hard drive, are you talking about your boot drive?

10 gigs open, what is the total of the drive?

--ken
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 04:05PM) larrys
Yes, it is the boot drive and it is a 110 gig drive. Uh oh...
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 25, 2008 04:17PM) Ken Stone Admin
Does not work.

First off, asking your boot drive to run the Mac OS and FCP and also playback video in RT is just too much to ask. You will get dropped frames.

An other issue is that you boot drive is way too full and you can run into problems, 10 gigs open is just not enough. you'll have to clean out some space.

You are going to have to get a media drive for your video.

--ken
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 26, 2008 04:09AM) mwjace
maybe i was mis informed but i thought that DPI didn't matter when it came to video... all the matters is reslution size... a image at 720X 480 with a 72dpi will look the same as a image with 4000 Dpi... if you want to do paning a zooming.... ken burns effects then you resulution needs to be bigger then you sequence... for example you shooting 1920x 1080 then your pics signifigenly larger... 2k range works great... although one up side is that graphics and pictures do better when enlarged in video then acutally video does. so you can acually get away with haveing images sized to 1920x 1080 and then zoom in.... anyway thats what i was taught and thats what my 2 min web search brought up....

Mike
Re: photos from photoshop into hd sequence (July 26, 2008 05:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
Mike,

Correct.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login