Re: Got it Done! Streamclip to iMovie to iDVD

Got it Done! Streamclip to iMovie to iDVD (July 26, 2008 07:02AM) Gretchen
As I write, the copy of the DVD that I finally was able to make is playing on my TV and I wanted to thank the folks here who sent me suggestions, especially M.(Videot) and Mio.

I finally called the Apple tech support, and the iMovie I couldn't open moments before, suddenly opened. Go figure! The Apple rep said it was probably because I was trying to Create a new project without giving it a new name. Anyway after renaming it, my trimmed DV file came up in iMovie and I sent it to iDVD. Once ready to burn the new disk, I got a Multiplex error and had to call Apple help again because I was stumped by the error message. It ment that my HD did not have enough free space to make the conversion (transfer the data?) something like that. Anyway, I now know how to check my HD for available space and found out that the old miniDV tapes I'd put on it took up a huge amount of space! Once I cleaned them out, iDVD accepted the "burn" request and about 20 minutes later it spit out of my PowerBook.

You folks here will be happy to know that i asked about books and sites to teach myself the terminology and how to use this powerful tool. I want to get iLife from the Apple training series so I can get a basic foundation and improve my understanding. If you folks here know of any other good basic books/lessons/sites for introductory learning, please let me know.

One thing I just noticed, the new copy playing on my TV ends before where I was sure I'd saved it. The last minute and 2 seconds are missing! I'm tired of fooling with it and am going to chock this up to a learning experience. I got MOST of it on the new DVD and will give it to my deceased friends son tomorrow when he gets his Eagle Scout honors. Does anyone have any idea why only SOME of the iDVD file would burn to the new disk and not ALL of it?

Re: Got it Done! Streamclip to iMovie to iDVD (July 27, 2008 07:49AM) steve douglas
Patience Gretchen, before you condemn the app, learn what you may have done wrong. It can be frustrating at times but it is something every editor faces.-Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login