Re: Why did iDVD short me on my new copy?

Why did iDVD short me on my new copy? (July 26, 2008 07:23AM) Gretchen
One thing I just noticed, the DVD copy playing on my TV ends before where I was sure I'd saved it when I made it from iMovie to iDVD. The last minute and 2 seconds are missing(01:02.00)! I'm tired of fooling with it and am going to chock this up to a learning experience. I got MOST of it on the new DVD and will give it to my deceased friend's son tomorrow when he gets his Eagle Scout honors. Does anyone have any idea why only SOME of the iDVD file would burn to the new disk and not ALL of it?
Re: Why did iDVD short me on my new copy? (July 26, 2008 07:41AM) David Harbsmeier
What version of iMovie and iDVD are you using?

-DH
Re: Why did iDVD short me on my new copy? (July 26, 2008 09:28AM) Gretchen
Hi DH. I'm using version 4.0 of iMovie and iDVD. After I wrote that last post, I decided since I still had it all on my Mac and it was fresh in my head, to go back and double check what I'd done. Evidently, the first project I sent to iDVD from iMovie included less than what i thought and iDVD burned ALL it got to burn on the new disk. So, I went back and cut (trimmed?) my original DV file approximately in half and renamed them into two smaller files. I then sent the two smaller clips to iDVD for a new project. That time iDVD burned the disk and it contains the whole thing! I guess iMovie prefers to work in small increments and by splitting my file into two it took all of it into one in iDVD and into the burn. So, in short I got it done RIGHT the second time! Thanks for asking.
~G
Re: Why did iDVD short me on my new copy? (July 27, 2008 07:47AM) steve douglas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login