Re: Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture

Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture (July 27, 2008 09:16AM) peteguam
I'm not having any trouble bringing in clips by entering a primary name for the clips and fcp bringing a range of them according to my start/stop camera actions. BUT, I'm so used to assigning reel names at the same time the inability to do this is frustrating. I've tried to export the batch list to Excel, fill the reel column with names, import it back in to a new project, and then reconnect the media. This doesn't work as fcp will only bring in the original media with the reel column empty again, even after unchecking the "match name and reel" option on the reconnect.

So....3 questions.
1. Am I doing something wrong here?
2. Do I have to resort to manually filling in the reel name in every clip by the cut and paste method, which is a royal pain in the butt?
3. Is anyone else having the same problem?

If so, I only hope is that Apple makes this one of the changes to future revisions.
Re: Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture (July 27, 2008 09:30AM) Ken Stone Admin
Do this,

Open your Browser and scroll over to the 'Reel', column. Change the name of any clip reel name to the one you want. Now select all the other clips in the Browser. Control click on any one of the selected reel names and choose your new name.

--ken
Re: Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture (July 27, 2008 09:48AM) peteguam
Why is it that some things are right in front of you and you never see them?

Ken, thanks VERY much.
Re: Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture (July 27, 2008 09:59AM) Ken Stone Admin
Actually, this is a pretty new feature I think.

--ken
Re: Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture (July 27, 2008 02:04PM) Kevin Monahan
Re: Logging Reel Name in Browser after hdv capture (July 27, 2008 02:20PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Kevin,

See what a good teacher you are. I remembered the lesson even if I forgot where I learned it.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login