Re: edit while import

edit while import (July 28, 2008 07:41AM) stefanos
Hi!Is there any way to edit a project while i import(capture) a different?How can i do that?What kind of solutions must i follow?
Thanks for any response,
Stephanos Karaoulis
Re: edit while import (July 28, 2008 07:46AM) Ken Stone Admin
The capture process ties up FCP. If you attempt to do other work in FCP while capturing you could crash FCP and lose the capture.

--ken
Re: edit while import (July 28, 2008 08:21AM) ronny courtens
Ken is right. You cannot capture and edit in FCP on the same machine at the same time. It's like trying to play the guitar while you play the piano. But there are some other options you can consider if capturing while you edit is so vital for the job you are doing:

1. Use a second machine (a cheap macbook will do) to capture your footage onto an external HD while you edit on the main computer. When you need the new captures you just connect the external HD to the edit computer and way you go.

2. If you really have only one Mac available for such a job, but it is fast enough (minimum 4 core MacPro with at least 4 GB RAM), you can capture via QT Pro or a capture card (not using FCP) while you edit in FCP. Just make sure you are NOT capturing to the same drive as the one you are editing on.

Best wishes,

Ronny

Re: edit while import (July 28, 2008 02:37PM) Trig Simon
Re: edit while import (July 29, 2008 06:50AM) Ken Stone Admin
Timecode is embedded in the QT video clips.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login