Re: FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion

FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion (July 28, 2008 11:30AM) susanhea
My video producer has given me files from FCP that when played in Quicktime Pro look fine, and when I add them to DVD studio and simulate they look fine. But, when I burn them to disc, certain parts of the movie where there is a lot of motion (like someone walking across a room) they look jello-e. Very distracting.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

I really appreciate your help with this. This project is a bear!
Re: FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion (July 28, 2008 11:50AM) Ken Stone Admin
Need all your info. What format is the video, how long does it run, how did you MPEG2 the video, did you use AC3 audio? What bit rate settings did you choose? Motion settings?

--ken
Re: FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion (July 29, 2008 03:47AM) susanhea
Ken I'm a beginner in FCP. I am not sure I will answer these correctly, but I'll try.

I set the video to NTSC DV Pro (and I tried animation codec too), the bit rate settings were 6.8 and Max 7.5 (but I tried the default settings too in DVD Studio of 4 (miniumum) and 7 (max), typically the videos run from 4-5 minutes each and there are 6 of them. My intro's made in AfterEffects and Photoshop for the DVD are running fine. As far as the audio, I kept it 48kbps, stereo.

Thanks for your help and quick response!

Susan
Re: FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion (July 29, 2008 05:23AM) Ken Stone Admin
6.8/7.8, Motion = Best, is where you want to be with such short video. MOve your Max up, this will help.

How did you go (export) from FCP to DVD SP (Compressor)?

--ken
Re: FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion (July 29, 2008 05:37AM) susanhea
I have used both the export to QT movie and the export using QT conversion. They both come out the same.

I read that -R is a problem for DVD studio. Could that be it?
Re: FCP Quicktime export-movie looks like jello in areas of high motion (July 29, 2008 05:41AM) Ken Stone Admin
The Mac and DVD SP work best (or only) with DVD - R

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login