Stacking color correction

Stacking color correction (July 28, 2008 02:41PM) Trig Simon
Re: Stacking color correction (July 29, 2008 07:25AM) Ken Stone Admin
Are you asking if you can apply two 3-way color corrector filters to the same clip, yes you can.

--ken
Re: Stacking color correction (July 29, 2008 08:56AM) Trig Simon
No, I know that you can. What I wanted to know is, if you color correct say to the red side, then use another cc filter to get rid of the red, does it muddy the color. And, rather than ask, I should try it. So I did, and it does look like my first grade coloring book.
Re: Stacking color correction (July 29, 2008 09:34AM) Ken Stone Admin
Trig,

I don't understand why you would add red only to want to turn around and remove it.

--ken
Re: Stacking color correction (July 29, 2008 11:02AM) Trig Simon
I wouldn't. Just a theoretical question. If I make a whole lot of color corrections, equalizing the brightness, making changes in one clip to match the color of another, etc.

Then, I want to make an overall change (as an afterthought, say to add a tint), I would add the same color correction filter to the entire timeline segment. Having two color correction filters may make the clip look muddier than if I had decided to have the tint in the first place.

So, that is what led to the question: if you stack color corrections, you can't get the finish product back to the original color.

Sorry Ken, I always have questions inside my head. One question I asked today on the National Geographics site: Did the massive meteor that distroyed the dinasours cause the earth to spin slower or faster? It is just me.

Thanx for the break from editing,
Trig
Re: Stacking color correction (July 29, 2008 11:09AM) Ken Stone Admin
You can always go back into the 3-way and make changes. You don't have to added a new 3-way.

The last time I got hit by a metor, I spun a lot more slowly.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login