Re: photography

photography (July 30, 2008 12:25PM) julie
Hi Ken - I hve a job coming up that requires me to be able to take photos with my film minolta camera i preffer film as opposed to digital and I need to know what type of paper is best to use since I do have a epson printer R 320 -Also how does one go about making photos larger if they should ask for a 12x 14 or so - I know this is not your fortait but i know you have also done photography could you please help me?

julie
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 06:55AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Julie,

If you are still shooting with film, you'll have to have the film scanned to produce digital files which is what the Epson printer needs. When you have the fim scanned, scan the image to the final size you want, like 12", and scan at 300 dpi.

Epson make high quality print paper for photos, use that.

--ken
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 07:50AM) julie
Hi ken,
I have a scanner and digital camera as well but I really like the way the minolta feels and works for proffessional use, I have had to san photos in past and most of my photos are from digital. What I needed to know from you is would you use epson paper for professional wedding photos or would you take the photos to a lab where you know the quality is everlasting? Also do you use certain whiote boards and so forth for capturing a photo in bright sunlight or beach photos? I would like to know your professional take? :)

Thank YOu,
Jewels
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 07:55AM) Ken Stone Admin
If you are selling wedding photos to your customers, make photographic prints from your film, don't make inkjet prints fom digital files.

--ken
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 08:20AM) julie
Hi Ken, I get the picture - i mentioned a few othe details can you give me that information? such as , using a white board to block shadow or sun? I have a digital camera wouldd that be sufficient to use and then print photographic prints from that too? I can control my camera and my digital cameras always have a delay when taking camera shots? If there is any tips you can give me ai would appreciate it.

Thanks, Jewels
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 09:41AM) Ken Stone Admin
The amount of information (resolution) in film is very high and is going to give you the best quality prints. If you want to work with digital files, your camera is going to have to shoot at least a 12 meg file, to get decent 8 x 10 prints, but this would not have the same resoluton or quality of film.

You are going to have to do some testing to see which workflow gives you the results you are looking for.

--ken
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 10:03AM) julie
thanks Ken - i like the photography you have done , which is why I ask what I can use to keep sun and shadows from my photos? I appreciate your help but that is one question I needed answering. I appreciate your feedback on digital as well as film
Jewels
Re: photography (July 31, 2008 11:50AM) Ken Stone Admin
Every shot is different and the sun is always in a different place, or height or angle, or intensity. So there is no 'one answer'.

Using a white bounce board helps fill in shadows, lowers contrast, puts a catch light in someone eyes and can improve the shot.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login