Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd?

burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 12:34PM) julie
I had problems when I had a qt mov and then copied to dvd and tried to burn it - is there another way to do this instead of using Idvd?

Julie
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 12:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 01:17PM) julie
Thank you Ken - i will try does the layout look great by doing this instead of IDVD? i wonder coz I still have to figure out how SP works?

Jewels
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 01:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Jewels,

You can use this process with either iDVD or DVD SP. But you must author your DVD in one of these two apps.

--ken
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 02:16PM) julie
author? what do you mean?

Jewels
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 02:23PM) Ken Stone Admin
When we assemble, structure (buttons and links) and put together a DVD we call it 'authoring'.

The article that I referred you to was for burning DVDs. But you still have to author them first. The applications that we use, iDVD/DVD SP help us with this process.

iDVD has an auto play feature, so all you have to do is drop in a QT self contained movie exported from FCP and that's about it. No menus, no buttons.

--ken
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 02:39PM) julie
how about already made Qt mov I am trying to grasp DVDSP and cannot get pass drag your video assetts to v1? I am so lost in DVDSp

Jewels
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 30, 2008 05:23PM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

What about your article from a couple years back on making a bare bones DVD in DVDSP? That helped me get started with the basic procedure.

-Phil
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 31, 2008 06:46AM) julie
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 31, 2008 07:34AM) philsfilm
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 31, 2008 07:42AM) julie
Hi phil,
I dont understand "where are you writing from?"
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 31, 2008 07:54AM) philsfilm
Hi Julie,

I mean if you are living in the USA and you don't understand, I would explain it to you on the phone.

Let me know. Maybe the last article I sent will clarify.

-Phil
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 31, 2008 08:06AM) sbeisen
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (July 31, 2008 08:26AM) julie
Hi Steve,
Thanks, yes it is very frustrating but I am determined to learn! i will try your website and see how I do " Oh boy, this will take me all day, You think?" Okay here goes :) I was just simply trying to follow the pattern of a simple burn process taht Ken suggested intead of menu etc but now I have both and I needed somtheing simple to follow to get me on the right path on learning how Sp works . Greatly appreciated.

jewels
regarding sp (July 31, 2008 09:12AM) julie
Hi Steve for some reason I am stumped where the directions for Sp tell me to click drag movie file I have a QT mov on my destop but for some reason it simply will not highlight the actual QT mov just files with titles ?

jewels
Re: burn a Qt movie to dvd? (August 01, 2008 12:44AM) sbeisen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login