Color Doesn't Recognise Hard Drive Anymore

Color Doesn't Recognise Hard Drive Anymore (March 24, 2010 03:46PM) sarno
Several files and such saved to external hard drive. Now, within Color, I cannot browse to that drive nor open any Color file or project saved on it. I can't recall doing anything to change these preferences. Color will not allow me to choose anything other than the default locations for directories and media. The hard drive in quiestion still functions fine, as it has on it media for many FCP projects. FCP still sees it, Color does not. Anyone know what's up? Thanks...
Re: Color Doesn't Recognise Hard Drive Anymore (March 25, 2010 03:57AM) ronny courtens
Launch Color and choose Color > Preferences. The Setup window will open.

In the Setup window, click the Default Media Dir. browse button. The"Choose Source Media Directory" window will open.

In this window, click repeatedly on the upper left icon (the one wit the red dot) until you get at the root level of your system. Here you will see the Volumes folder.

Open that folder and locate your external hard drive, then go to the folder where your Color projects are located. Click Choose to confirm. Now your default media drive should be reset and things should work properly again.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login