Greenscreen Backgrounds

Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 23, 2010 09:46AM) ericcosh
Can anyone recommend a company that makes some real nice digital color backgrounds for greenscreens. I have the CHV plugins and they're great, but I'm looking for so very classical portrait backgrounds in various colors when using corporate presentations. I do a lot of video for corporate clients in front of greenscreens and I'm kind of looking for some backgrounds that won't take away from the subject while they're talking about their companies.

thanks in advance,

eric
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 23, 2010 11:09AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 24, 2010 12:36AM) ericcosh
Hi David. Thanks for your reply. I am very familiar with "Virtual Sets" in that I used to own The Trinity and still own the BBC Chroma Key sets.

What I'm hoping to find David are just some digital color backgrounds that have splash colors, etc... that photographers use. I was hoping someone on this board has used a company they could recommend.

thanks again David,

eric
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 24, 2010 06:49AM) steve douglas
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 24, 2010 11:47AM) ericcosh
Thanks Steve and Morton. I just ordered the photobacks as I didn't want to actually use a material background, although I have to admit that the cloth backgounds from interfitphotographic was a wonderful site.

Thanks again to both of you.

warmest regards,
eric
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 24, 2010 11:16AM) Morton Molyneux
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 25, 2010 08:40AM) steve douglas
Eric, Would like to know what you think of the photobacks once you get them. Thanks for the heads up Morton.
Steve
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 25, 2010 08:56AM) ericcosh
Hi Steve:

I should have them within a few days. I'll get back to you on this board plus your email. I have a documentary shoot coming up in October in both Jordan and Israel. Let me know if there is anything of special interest that I could shoot for you while I'm there. I"m bringing my 7D, HVX200 and some stealth video and still cameras. Trust all is well for you.

warmest regards,

eric

Again, thanks for the tip Morton.
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 25, 2010 10:55AM) steve douglas
Eric,
Was in Egypt this past Nov filming in the Red Sea as well as Luxor and Cairo. Have room in your gear cases for a stowaway to Jordan and Israel?;-)
Steve
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 25, 2010 11:05AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

We heard about that trip. It seems that you parted the Red Sea, got your shots and then left, forgetting to put the Red Sea back the way it was.

--ken
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 25, 2010 11:18AM) ericcosh
Steve and Ken, if I had the bucks, I'd gladly take both of you with me. I will guarantee that neither Jordan or Israel would ever be the same. We're planning a much bigger trip around April of next year to include Egypt and Turkey, plus Jordan and Israel. Probably about 6 weeks total. Can't wait.

warmest regards,

eric
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 28, 2010 07:15AM) ericcosh
Hi Steve & Morton:

I received the digital backgrounds from www.photobacks.com and was rather disappointed. It really wasn't what I was hoping for. For the most part, these were digital backgrounds more for School, Parties, etc...

What I was looking for was just some very nice simple backgrounds that I could put slightly out of focus when doing green screen. One can't knock what I paid for these 2 disks (less than $30) but if you'll probably never use them, then even $30 is just too much.

Denny's as most of your are aware of are in my opinion among the very best, but they are very pricey. For the time being, I'm just going to photograph some of my photographer friends backdrops. That should work just great for most situations.

In any case, I just wanted to let you guys know what my thoughts are on the photobacks disks.

warmest regards,
eric
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 28, 2010 01:48PM) Morton Molyneux
Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear the digital backgrounds didn't work out. Have you thought of getting one of the Italian Backgrounds then shooting it to create your own digital backgrounds?

cheers

Morton
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 29, 2010 12:57AM) ericcosh
Hi Morton.
Talk about how certain minds work together. I'm going over tomorrow to one of my many photographer friends who has tons of backgrounds and I'm going to just shoot his backgrounds both in raw and also with the 7D video and HVX200 video.

Thanks again Morton,

eric
Re: Greenscreen Backgrounds (April 25, 2010 03:13PM) Morton Molyneux
And thanks for the tip on the Italian backgrounds.

cheers

Morton
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login