Audio Slips when bringing mp4 to timeline - Please Read

Audio Slips when bringing mp4 to timeline - Please Read (April 23, 2010 11:23AM) zzzvariety
So, crazy scenario.

I have an FLV downloaded from an Oovoo conversation, that I converted with MPEG Streamclip to be editable by Final Cut Pro into mp4. First, was a that a decent move? In Quicktime, it works just fine. When I drag it to FCP, the browser and timeline get it out of sync, with the audio trailing so badly that it gets cut off at the end of the clip.

I thought of a work around -- to export an AIFF only from MPEG Streamclip, and add it to the mp4 track with audio rerased. it'll do, with maybe a half second tweaking.

Have you had this experience before? Hard to explain, but bizarre.

Also, this is not happening on my other projects, which are edited on HD 1440 timelines.

Re: Audio Slips when bringing mp4 to timeline - Please Read (April 23, 2010 12:32PM) Ken Stone Admin
I would check to be sure that when you convert the FLV to QT that you have the audio set nas AIFF at 48k.

Can be PCM audio or Little Endian. But must be 48k.

--ken
Re: Audio Slips when bringing mp4 to timeline - Please Read (April 23, 2010 12:49PM) zzzvariety
Thanks, I'll try that for the next one.
Re: Audio Slips when bringing mp4 to timeline - Please Read (April 23, 2010 04:11PM) David Harbsmeier
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login