Music shifts

Music shifts (April 24, 2010 04:22AM) Diana
This is the weirdest thing! I have one song that keeps on shifting in my TL, even though I am positive I am not moving it, nor am I inserting a clip before it that would cause it to shift. I save it at one place in the song, and it always ends up starting at another point. It's like a ghost in the machine, any logical explanations??
Re: Music shifts (April 24, 2010 06:38AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Diana,

Tell us where this audio came from, what format and audio sample rate. How was it added to the timeline.

--ken
Re: Music shifts (April 24, 2010 11:12AM) steve douglas
You can also close the padlock on the audio timeline so that nothing shifts.
Steve
Re: Music shifts (April 25, 2010 02:37AM) Diana
The audio is from an old 45 that was transferred digitally into an AIFF file. I imported the file into the project and placed it on the TL. It plays fine at the start of the film, it's just the one at the end of the film that keeps changing its place in the song. I don't want to use the padlock feature because that will lock the entire music track, and there are other selections that I am still fine-tuning.
Re: Music shifts (April 25, 2010 05:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
Then drop the misbehaving audio down another level in the audio tracks and lock it there. This way you'll still be able to work on the unfinished audio.

--ken
Re: Music shifts (April 28, 2010 02:49AM) Diana
Thanks so much for all your help.
Diana.
Re: Music shifts (April 25, 2010 06:41AM) steve douglas
Ken is correct, just because you lock one layer of audio doesn't mean that you can't keep other layers unlocked. You don't even need to shift the layer to another, just lock it and work on the other audio layers which are unlocked.
Steve
Re: Music shifts (April 27, 2010 05:03AM) jrosson
I've noticed this as well - when using different portions of the same song (aiff file) on a timeline.
It's happened to me only in this certain set of circumstances:

I place a piece of the music on the timeline -- then decide I want to use more of the song. So I would drag the outpoint along the timeline. Somehow, this changes the inpoint of the song. Or I would decide to change the inpoint -- and use more of the song before the inpoint originally set. Same thing would happen -- original in and outpoints changed.

The easy fix -- Place a substantial 'handle' on each end of the song -- so you'll have plenty of extra to use as you edit to suit the piece.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login