20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze?

20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze? (August 06, 2008 03:08AM) filmographer
When I first used smoothcam (1 year ago) I applied it to DVCPRO HD clips that were 30-40 seconds and it analyzed them in 2-3 minutes! Same system and software ( except pro apps upgrades) but NOW when I apply smoothcam to DV clips of equal legnth it says analyzing, 20 hours... what gives?
Re: 20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze? (August 06, 2008 03:46AM) ronny courtens
Are you sure your clips are not part of a larger video file ? Remember, if you put a small part of a captured file on the timeline and you apply the SmoothCam filter to this clip, SmoothCam will ananlyze the ENTIRE master file to which this clip belongs.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: 20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze? (August 06, 2008 05:15AM) filmographer
It is a part of a larger file, what is the option? I captured a 1 hour tape and used a small clip from that and placed it on the timeline- so smoothcam was seeing the entire captured 1 hour clip and not the 20 sec clip? I highlighted it and applied it to just the clip though...
Re: 20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze? (August 06, 2008 05:19AM) Ken Stone Admin
You need to place the trimmed clip on the timeline, then set an In and Out point for the clip and export as a QT self contained. Replace the clip on the timeline with the QT self conatined.

--ken
Re: 20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze? (August 06, 2008 05:35AM) mark pigott
Could you not also move the smaller clip to the browser; make master clip and then bring back to the timeline?

Ken Stone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You need to place the trimmed clip on the
> timeline, then set an In and Out point for the
> clip and export as a QT self contained. Replace
> the clip on the timeline with the QT self
> conatined.
>
> --ken
Re: 20 sec DV clip taking 20 hours for "smoothcam" to analyze? (August 06, 2008 07:48AM) ronny courtens
Unfortunately that does not work. Smoothcam always looks at the media file to which the clip is linked. Turning a clip into a master clip does not make this clip an independent media file. Only exporting the clip makes it a new media file.

mark pigott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could you not also move the smaller clip to the
> browser; make master clip and then bring back to
> the timeline?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login