Re: import dvd (I apologize if this posts twice)

import dvd (I apologize if this posts twice) (August 07, 2008 06:50AM) Anonymous User
Hello,
I need to import a dvd in FCP the highest quality I can. I have MPEG Streamclip 1.8, I dragged the icon into the square and I got “unsupported file type”. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
George Mirabal
Re: import dvd (I apologize if this posts twice) (August 07, 2008 07:22AM) peter rooney
Is it a commercial and therefore 'protected' dvd ? That'll prevent you dropping it into Streamclip.
Re: import dvd (I apologize if this posts twice) (August 07, 2008 07:50AM) Anonymous User
It is a burned copy, so I think no. It is a promotional video produced by someone else for a company I work for. Basically I need to remove bars and tone and countdown, so I can make dupes. And is Sreamclip the best way to do this anyway?
Thanks.
George Mirabal
Re: import dvd (I apologize if this posts twice) (August 07, 2008 08:49AM) Tom Stitzer
I believe you need to drag the actual VOB file into Streamclip. Open the video TS folder and I forget what's called but it should be something like VOB1_1 or something like that. It will probably ask if you want the whole thing or just the one VOB. Say "ALL" and then it should load up with the whole movie.

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login