Re: Shaky video in the Viewer...

Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 07, 2008 12:49PM) 0prime99
Hi, I recently imported a downloaded movie from Limewire into Final Cut 6 and it worked perfectly, it was an avi file. I then downloaded another high-quality feature length movie from limewire, this one is an mp4 file. When rendered it plays prefectly in the timeline, however in the viewer the video (not audio for some reason) is choppy. The dimensions of the video are 627x234. I would just like to see the movie play well in the viewer so i can get a better idea of whats playing and what will work. I am running FCP on a macbook with 1 gig of RAM and a 2.1 ghz processor. Like i said, the other film ran perfectly and was also high quality, so im not sure if the problem is the specs of my machine. thanks a lot for any replies!!!

Matt
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 07, 2008 01:09PM) sbeisen
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 07, 2008 02:01PM) 0prime99
I guess in that case, how do i get movies that i purchased on itunes imported into FCP?
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 07, 2008 02:08PM) Ken Stone Admin
Additionally, FCP will not play DRM audio and video from iTunes.

--ken
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 07, 2008 02:13PM) 0prime99
what is DRM? thanks.
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 07, 2008 02:20PM) Ken Stone Admin
Copy Right protection software.

--ken
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 08, 2008 01:46AM) mwjace
i am pretty sure the ethical nature of your question is preventing me from giveing you the answer you seek... :)
Re: Shaky video in the Viewer... (August 08, 2008 05:34AM) Mike Davey
If this is the road you want to go down you might want to consider converting the files to DV files prior to importing them in to FCP, you can do this using MPEG Streamclip which is free.

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login