Re: Capture problems

Capture problems (August 07, 2008 11:11PM) Stu Dogg
Hi all

I am trying to capture in some footage off a sony z1 filmed at 1080i. i seem to have a problem with the set up that i cant figure out. its always trying to capture in 4:3 instead of 16:9 or if i get it to capture at 16:9 it adds black bars at the top and bottom. what is the correct setting for FCP working on a Z1.

Thanks in reply Stuart
Re: Capture problems (August 08, 2008 01:42AM) mwjace
i don't know if this is what you've done or not but.... open final cut .....close current project. goto easy setup.
click on hd and then HDV 1080i and hit ok(or setup or whatever it is) then open and new project and go to the log and capture window... the log and capture window should look slightly different the the normal L/C Window.... from there do like you normally would to capture....

if that does get rid of the bars then i don't know what the problem is

Mike
Re: Capture problems (August 08, 2008 02:02AM) Stu Dogg
Thanks alot mike. i hove since found out its the Z1 and not final cut that was causing the problems
Re: Capture problems (August 08, 2008 02:19AM) mwjace
sorry then... good luck
Re: Capture problems (August 12, 2008 02:58AM) tj'spassion
I'm trying to capture HDV shot on canon xlh1s 720p30 using a canon hv-30 as player and do not get the right log & capture window. It will load, but uses a large window that does not allow any in/out points or shuttle control.
thanks,
tj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login