Re: disk image burn

disk image burn (August 08, 2008 01:51AM) FemmeFinal
Morning FCPers!

I have been sending my masters out of my town to have proffesional dvd copies made however I need a few copies occasionally and havent the time for waiting through that process. Ive been thinking at those times of creating my own DVDs with my MBP . I am new at alot of this . Is there a program available that can give one the ability to burn a color image onto the disk. Will the copies that I make from my master dvd on my computer be as good as the ones I have made. Are they likely to work on most players?

Thanks for the help....
Re: disk image burn (August 08, 2008 02:12AM) sbeisen
Re: disk image burn (August 08, 2008 06:46AM) FemmeFinal
Opps i think my lingo was off but thanks for that.

What I mean is ...is there a way for me to create a color image on the disk itself? I can burn dvds with my mbp and I do have toast but i dont know if there is a program that will make the disk a color image instead of the plain silver looking disk? Am I clear? I am having the computer problem day from hell so i amy not be surprised if i cant describe anything well!!
Re: disk image burn (August 08, 2008 10:55AM) jlcinc
The Epson line of printers such as the R260 are cheap and can print on printable DVD's and CD's. You can buy printable DVD's almost everywhere they are white not silver. The problem with printers is that of course they are cheap but the ink is not. Does a great job though. The Epson software for printing on DVD's is a bit weak but I make a photoshop label and insert it into the Epson software as a background.

John
Re: disk image burn (August 08, 2008 12:17PM) Morton Molyneux
"Discus" from Magic Mouse www.magicmouse.com/ is a great program for printing your DVD/CD's. And as John says the Epson printers work well. It's also possible to get silver backed printable bland DVD's but I thing the white backed ones look better for full color labels.

cheers

Morton
Re: disk image burn (August 08, 2008 03:19PM) David
As jlcinc correctly said, Epson has several printers that will print to disc - R200, 220, 340, all use the same ink cartridge. You can get cheap knock-off and rebuilt cartridges at supermediastore.com. Be advised, printing a full color image to disc takes around 3 minutes, so if you have several to do, plan on babysitting the printer for a while.

If you are sending a lot of discs out to have them duplicated, you will save money by buying a duplicator and printing them yourself. You can get a no-name brand duplicator at supermediastore also. The enclosure is no-name, but you can request one of several major brand, Sony, Pioneer, etc. for the drives.

DD
Re: disk image burn (August 10, 2008 03:01PM) FemmeFinal
Thank you for the help...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login