Compressor aspect ratio issue

Compressor aspect ratio issue (August 08, 2008 06:25AM) showmehowvideos
All of a sudden this week compressor started outputting DVDs and Apple Devices in a long squeezed format, the default setting for example for 640*480 shows actually shows as 640*380. I am outputting in 16:9 from high def the same settings I have been using for well over a year and the last 2 jobs this started, I have to go in a tweak the settings to get it right. Also when I went to trash preferences I noticed
com.apple.Compressor.CompressorSharedService.plist
was missing the other is there.

Also when I run both jobs in Sorensen with all default settings the jobs renders fine.

Any thoughts??

Stephen Showalter
www.showmehowvideos.com
Re: Compressor aspect ratio issue (August 10, 2008 03:19AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
now just out of the blue...
is it possible that it could have been a change in the camera settings somewhere and now your whole footage is different? I know my new camera has somekind of "squeeze" setting that still have to learn how to play with. So I'm thinking that if anything was changed that your software is interpreting something different?
just a thought.....

side note:

Hi Ken,
I just wanted to let you know that I got my new HVX200A on Thursday. I had to drive to B&H and get it because people I originally ordered it from didn't have a clue as to when it was going to ship.
Anyway I have been experimenting with it since Thursday and I shot my first job with it yesterday (Saturday) (a TV Commercial) and I have to say I am more than impressed with the results. Tonight I start the editing for the project but as to loading the project into FCP I am already loving the P2 Workflow.

Well.....
more details to follow.
talk to you soon,
Lou.
Re: Compressor aspect ratio issue (August 10, 2008 04:10AM) Ken Stone Admin
HI Lou,

Very exciting. After you have worked with the footage, could you please post to let us know what you think. Wondering how you'll like the new lens and chip.

We await your next missive.

--ken
Re: Compressor aspect ratio issue (August 11, 2008 07:21AM) showmehowvideos
Thanks for the suggestion but no. Also one was a 2 camera shoot. Both rendered fine in Sorensen. I even brought in an old clip to do a baseline against it and the same. Its more like i changed a setting in compressor. They downloaded fine exported and view fine in uncompressed format. Only once they go through compressor.
Also the image just seems to have a better overall quality in sorensen as far as crisper edges and color.
Any thoughts?
thanks Steve

Stephen Showalter
www.showmehowvideos.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login