firewire not recognized

firewire not recognized (August 09, 2008 06:04AM) Mickey
We have a duel 1.8Ghz PowerPC G5 1.5 G DDR SDRAM v. 10.3.9 and we use Final Cut Pro version 4. And somehow something unknown to us changed and now it won't recognize our firewire to the walkman recorder unit we use to record and playback our video from and to capture from to the computer. We have already trached our preferences for FCP and don't know what else to do. Can you help us.
Re: firewire not recognized (August 09, 2008 07:42AM) sbeisen
Re: firewire not recognized (August 09, 2008 07:43AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: firewire not recognized (August 09, 2008 09:39AM) David Harbsmeier
See if any other FW devices work (check in System Profiler). If they don't, and another FW cable doesn't fix it, unplug your mac from AC power for about 10 minutes, then plug it back in to "reset" the FW bus.

-DH
Re: firewire not recognized (August 10, 2008 01:46AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
if you ejected the firewire device and turned it off and then turn it back on, it wont mount again until you turn your computer all the way off and then back on. (at least in my system this is always the case) it won't mount even if I restart my computer. I have to shut down all the way. No complaints though, my workflow avoids this situation all the time.

So I second that (turn off your computer, unplug it and wait thing) I also add that I would turn on the firewire device and have it fully loaded before turning the computer back on so that it can be acknowleded during the boot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login