Working with negativ 24fps transfered on PAL 25fps

Working with negativ 24fps transfered on PAL 25fps (August 10, 2008 05:02AM) bilbo
Re: Working with negativ 24fps transfered on PAL 25fps (August 12, 2008 03:27AM) ronny courtens
Hi Bilbo,

We do this all the time. What do you wish to know ? Do you want to know how to edit digital intermediaries from 24fps film back to negative cutlists, or just how to handle 24p footage in PAL ? If you have a specific question it's easy to provide a specific answer; if you just need general information I can't do this on a message board.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Working with negativ 24fps transfered on PAL 25fps (August 12, 2008 09:35PM) bilbo
HI Ronny,

it is already great to know that someone did it successfully.

-first I need to know from which version of FCP it is possible. And if I need an extra software before the material get digitized in my comnputer, so that the negativ list can be calculated from the normal video EDL.
-which project settings do I use? It would be nice to work with 24fps speed.
-is there some importat thing I should be aware of before starting with digitizing or editing?
-The people who are transfering the negativ to video asked us if we needed dpx files? I read it was a video forrnat used for exchange. OK; is this a good idea to use this format? Do I need an extra plug-in to use this format in FCP?

That would be it for now!

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Bilbo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login