Re: Clip that smoothcam was applied to now seems zoomed in?

Clip that smoothcam was applied to now seems zoomed in? (August 10, 2008 12:24PM) filmographer
I created a QT movie, self contained, of a 20 sec clip that needed that treatment. when I put it on the timeline (replacing the clip that was there) it is now "zoomed in", not the same as the original clip! How the heck could that be? The clip is the same, I compared them, except that the treated clip is in a close up view as compareed with the original.... weird huh? any suggestions?
Re: Clip that smoothcam was applied to now seems zoomed in? (August 10, 2008 12:28PM) filmographer
I just compared the QT self contained movie to the original clip to see if somehow it was changed at that point... No, it's identical. But I compared it to the clip that "smoothcam" was applied to and it's about 30% zoomed in. I double clicked on the clip and when it was in the viewer I then went into file>export>QT movie... is that the issue?
Re: Clip that smoothcam was applied to now seems zoomed in? (August 10, 2008 05:49PM) ronny courtens
When you apply the smoothcam filter it analyzes the picture and figures a way to compensate for any camera movements that make your picture unsteady. To do this it has to move the picture around, sometimes even rotate it a bit.

When you move or rotate an image you always get black borders showing at the boundaries. To prevent this, the filter zooms in on your image just enough so the image keeps filling your frame as it is moved around, and you don't see any borders. The more the filter has to move or rotate your image to compensate for camera shake, the more it will have to zoom in to prevent borders from showing.

If you think the filter has zoomed in too much, double-click the clip to open it in your Viewer and click the Filter tab. There you can change the Auto Scale (zoom amount) of the smoothcam. Set the Auto Scale to 1 and render the clip. Now you will see how your clip would look it the filter hadn't scaled your clip up and then you can set the Auto Scale manually until you get the result you want.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login