Re: P2 workflow

P2 workflow (August 10, 2008 04:18PM) Jim Long
Hello Ken,
I recently purchased a Panasonic HVX 200A and, after a long tussle with the steep learning curve, love the images it makes. One thing I seem to have over looked in my excitement to join the HD gang is that I still have a lot of stock footage and segments of shows, which were shot in SD. I’ve been searching for a clear, concise workflow to use the SD and HD (720p 30pn) in my time line (FCP 5.1.4). As my final product is DVD, I assume it is appropriate to build the show on a DV-NTSC Anamorphic time line. I would really appreciate knowing what you suggest as the workflow, including Compressor setting, from FCP to DVD Studio Pro 4.
Thank you very much in advance,
Jim
www.pegasusvideo.net
Re: P2 workflow (August 11, 2008 01:23AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Just adding my self to the string email replies. I'm interested in this conversation.
I just got an HVX200A my self.
I started editing my first project that I shot with it last night (a TV commercial) and though I do all my text work and animations in After Effects I do all my video editing in FCP.
I shot the spot in (480i/60i DVCPRO50) Exported my edited footage from FCP using quicktime conversions JPEG and imported it to AE and so far it looks super incredible!

Does anyone recommend shooting and editing in a higher format? and then converting down?

If anyone has any more knowledge, workflows or info they'd like to share please post. Thank you.

-Luis-
Re: P2 workflow (August 11, 2008 05:51AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Luis,

If your output is 720 x 480 and your results look "incredible", don't change a thing.

So, how are you liking the camera?

--ken

Re: P2 workflow (August 11, 2008 07:16AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Ken,

Thanks, that makes me feel good. Yes, I'm very happy with the results.
About the camera... I'd have to say that so far it definetly has exceded my expectations.
I did a little test recording at not so good light conditions and the results still look super!
I'm pretty sure I'll have a video posted online next week to show some sample.

Talk to you soon,
-Luis-
Re: P2 workflow (August 11, 2008 07:24AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Luis,

Please do post some video for us when you get a chance, we would love to see it. When you do, post your shooting info, codec, frame rate, etc.

Good news that you are impressed with the low light abilities of the camera.

Thanks,

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login