Exporting QT for WIndows

Exporting QT for WIndows (August 11, 2008 01:03PM) arovinsky
I 've had a little problem exporting FCP movies Uncompressed (as requested) to a webmaster who want to process them through Flash in Windows.

When I put them on a Mac formatted drive, his Windows machine won't read it, and neither will an Intel iMac running Windows through Boot Camp. I suggested trying Parallels, but I'm not sure how that will fix the problem.

I tried formatting one of my drives in Disk Utility in FAT-32, but I get error messages (=0) when I try to drag or copy the file onto the drive.
I tried opening the file in QT Pro and saving it to the drive. which appeared to work, except I got a final message saying the QT movie couldn't be saved,even though I saw the icon on the drive. When I tried to open those files I got message 'The FIle could not be opened. The File is Not a Movie FIle."

I had shortened the file names, upon suggestion, to that FAT-32 would like them.

There has to be a simple way to do this.
Re: Exporting QT for WIndows (August 11, 2008 01:08PM) David Harbsmeier
The simple answer is that a Windows system won't read (or write to) a Mac formatted drive ... unless the Windows system has MacDrive installed. The simple solution would be to upload the video to an FTP site so that the Windows user can download it.

Make sure you use a codec for exporting that the Windows user has installed on their system.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login