What media to buy for best quality

What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 03:25AM) susanhea
I need to burn a dual layer disc with about 9 GBs of stuff on it. Could you please recommend a good brand of disc. My boss bought me a really generic one. I want to do better. It also is not big enough!

Thanks
Re: What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 08:19AM) David
The 3 brands most often recommenden at this forum are Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, and Ritek. However, DL discs will hold only 8.5 G at the most.

DD
Re: What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 08:21AM) susanhea
I read that there are DVD 10 and others that hold more! Is that not correct?
Re: What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 08:37AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 08:40AM) susanhea
Thanks. We sent my DVD Studio file out to be burned to disc. We will see what we get back!
Re: What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 08:50AM) David
Susan, I hate to be the bearer of bad news (perhaps), but unless you asked the folks to maintain original quality, they may just reduce your DVDSP file to a file size that can fit on a regular DVD, greatly reducing the quality.

DD
Re: What media to buy for best quality (August 12, 2008 08:55AM) susanhea
Yes. After hearing what you said. I assumed they would have to do some compressing of files. We are going to get a master to check before they go ahead and Master it. So we will be able to have some imput on the quality.

I really appreciate your concern. Thanks for the good information. Next year when I do this again, I hope to be able to compress the files better on the FCP side of things. This year Compressor was not working properly and I don't have a DL burner!

My boss decided not to upgrade my machine. I told him this would happen but you probably know how that goes.

Susan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login