Re: I need to change the background color on my canvas...?

I need to change the background color on my canvas...? (August 13, 2008 08:37AM) filmographer
I am creating a sequence where it appears as though it is film being projected on a wall- like your uncle used to do with all those home movies! I did an excellent job I think simulating this right in FCP 6 using Natress film effects. While re-creating the desired 1970s film look was easy (I tweaked it a lot though) getting the projector on the wall was a little trickier due to the vignette. No matter what I cannot get the vignette to appear as dark as the canvas black (I reduced the size of the image in the canvas by about 25% and applied the vignette and adjusted it, that's why the canvas background shows up) in the background, so the sharp edges of the background show through the vignette... I felt matching the color would help. How do I change the color of the background on my canvas to a slightly less intense black, and will that affct the normal video on the timeline that comes after this intro? The rest of the video is normal scale...
Re: I need to change the background color on my canvas...? (August 13, 2008 10:13AM) lk
you could make a new video layer under the layers you have, and using a black slug found in the drop down menu in the viewer (located by pushing the button in the lower far right of the viewer) . Now just adjust the opacity to match. good luck
LK
Re: I need to change the background color on my canvas...? (August 13, 2008 10:40AM) ronny courtens
You can't change the color of the FCP Canvas. If you need a lighter black than the Canvas black behind your projection you can use a shape generator in FCP (Generators > Shape > Rectangle) and put it on your V1 track, with the scaled image on V2, then use the Controls tab of the shape to set the color of the shape (make it dark grey).

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login