Re: auto start in dvdsp4 SORRY

auto start in dvdsp4 (August 14, 2008 04:00AM) Anonymous User
Hello,
Is there a way I can get the burned dvd to autostart in a dvd player? Also the audio level is about a third lower than the original. The only thing I did concerning that was to change the audio preference in compressor to -12 like you instucted in your tutorial. Is that the reason?
Thanks.
George
Re: auto start in dvdsp4 (August 14, 2008 05:16AM) Videot
If by autostart you mean having the main video play as soon as the disc is inserted, then yes, you can:

When designing your disc hierarchy, you will notice that the icon for the default menu (created in any new project) has a circle with a triangle in one corner. This is an indicator that the menu is "first play," the first thing the disc will do on insertion.

Simply select the icon for your video, right-click it (control-click for one-button mouse) and choose First Play. Now that icon will have the first play indicator and that will be the first thing to pop up when you insert the disc into a player or computer.

Be sure to set an end-jump either to a menu or to another video (or back to itself for a looping DVD)... otherwise, the DVD will stop after auto-playing the video.

- M.
Re: auto start in dvdsp4 (August 14, 2008 06:02AM) David Harbsmeier
>>the audio level is about a third lower than the original. The only thing I did concerning that was to change the audio preference in compressor to -12 like you instucted in your tutorial. Is that the reason?<<

Duplicate Compressor's AC3 preset and change the new copy to this:

Dialog Normalization: -31dbfs
Compression Standard: NONE

Your DVD should now have the exact same levels as the program did in FCP.

-DH
Re: auto start in dvdsp4 (August 14, 2008 06:50AM) Anonymous User
Thanks. Any suggestions on auto start?
George
Re: auto start in dvdsp4 SORRY (August 14, 2008 06:53AM) Anonymous User
Sorry, I didn't see the previous reply.
Thank you.
George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login