Offline files

Offline files (August 15, 2008 05:50AM) evankaufmann
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been brought up plenty of times but I can't find a thread for it for some reason...

I'm trying to reconnect media and all it says is 'Offline files: " is missing'... even when I choose the file I want to reconnect, the name doesn't even show up in the window.

The media was transfered to a different hard drive but the project file is located on the computers hard drive... I know this has been a long going issue in Final Cut, anyone know a quick fix rather than going though one-by-one and reconnecting 61 files?

Thanks guys,
Re: Offline files (August 15, 2008 11:11PM) ronny courtens
Re: Offline files (January 07, 2009 05:19AM) LawrenceJohnsonProductions
Ronny and Evan (from 4 months ago): This reconnect problem is a real issue with me. I get the same thing Evan got in the File to Connect window when I ask for specific files to reconnect: " is missing. I went through the procedures you outlined, Ronny, and nothing worked because the system thinks it's looking for ". I know the drive is connected properly and the files are named the same because I can easily reconnect photo still files. But if I ask for any video file, it comes up " is missing. I even copied a media file and called it " to see if it would look for it, but it didn't. I have tried all combinations of search, locate, search single location. What's going on? Anybody!

Larry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login