Re: Kona, blackmagic intensity... what is the best one?

Kona, blackmagic intensity... what is the best one? (August 16, 2008 10:44AM) filmographer
I am selling my Quad Core Mac Pro and getting an 8 core, I was going to configure it pretty much the same as my Quad: 6 Gigs of ram (from OWC) 3 internal HDs (I bought my other internal HDs from Apple, but can I get 2 internal HDs from OWC, or is it suggested to get the HDs from Apple) and the best video card that apple offers for my purposes (my Quad has the X1900XT, but that is not an option anymore). My question is this: since I am going to be shooting exclusively with my HVX 200 in DVCProHD (720p/24 probably) onto P2 cards is it necessary to buy a Kona 3 card or Blackmagic intensity card? I will be editing for other studios as well and I will assume it will be HDV mostly and of course SD DV. What exactly are the advantages of these cards during capture/transfer, (I will initially be using the HVX 200 to transfer P2 footage for my shoots) editing, playback? Are cards of this type a replacement to a graphics card such as the X1900XT or an addition?
Re: Kona, blackmagic intensity... what is the best one? (August 16, 2008 12:34PM) Ken Stone Admin
Buy everything you can from OWC, just as good as apple and a lot less money.

I doesn't sound to me like you need a capture card at this point. The good thing about capture cards, you can always buy it later, if need and put it in.

Maybe you should hold off on the capture card until your really have a need for one.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login