Desperate for ANY Help!!!

Desperate for ANY Help!!! (October 24, 2010 12:02AM) edvideo
I have edited several weddings on my mac power book with snow leopard, FCP 7 and compressor. Shot with Sony Z7U & Sony EX1 at 1080i/60i. I have a Matrox Mini with Max attached to my computer as well. When I try to export in any form BIG, BIG issues occur. I export using Quicktime Conversion OR Quicktime and settings are current I also sent out the way I'v done over the past year and that doesn't work!! I also have QT 10 and added QT 7 several weeks ago.

Two days ago the movies would export and then crash in compressor when I try to downconvert to SD. Now they don't even export from my FCP timeline (taking 30 hours to export) and Compressor won't even recognize the .mov file (doesn't even attempt to compress). I have attempted to send out the file as Apple Pro Res from FCP, but the file gets very dark as a QT movie and I can't use it. I have trouble shot with Matrox and it hasn't worked.

I'm at y wits end because I don't want to uninstall FCP (have 4 versions from FCP one and up). Should I dump preferences in FCP or just throw my computer out the window!!!!

I am running out of time as my couples are getting VERY impatient.

Help!!!
Re: Desperate for ANY Help!!! (October 24, 2010 02:33AM) ronny courtens
The first thing you should do is trash your preferences. If that does not help post back.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Desperate for ANY Help!!! (October 24, 2010 10:10AM) edvideo
I trashed Preferences, but now I have a compressor issue:

Here's my workflow:

Import:

Put Compact Flash Cards in my Image Mate All-in-one USB reader/writer by Sandisk. Use the Log & Transfer option in FCP 7.03 set to Apple Pro Res 422.

Once the video is imported I edit on the FCP Timeline with settings:
Frame Size: HD 1440X1080 (16:9)
Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD(1440X1080)
Field Dominance: Upper (odd)
Editing Timebase: 29.97

Quicktime Settings=== HDV 1080i/60
Quality 100%

Audio Settings===
Rate: 48kHz
Depth: 16-bit
Config. Channel Grouped

Once I edited and render the job I attempt to send it out from FCP.

Settings Are:

VIDEO:
Compression: Apple Pro Res 422
Quality: Medium
Auto Gamma Correction
Progressive
1440X1080 (1888X1062)
Filter: Brightness: 4

AUDIO:
Format: Integer (Little Endian)
Sample Rate: 48.00 kHz
Sample Size: 16-bit
Channels: Stereo (L R)

I just exported a 3 minute movie with the above settings and it looks good on my desktop. I attempted to add it to Compressor 3.5.3.

Settings in Compressor:
I added the .mov file to the Batch Window
I added DVD Best Quality 90 minutes
Target
Destination
desktop submit
submit the job for compression
nothing happens in history, no ETA, no pregress on the video. It doesn't seem to be doing anything now.

Also, The video plays in the preview window, but it's not showing progress in the history section. Nothing is happening

It's waiting to be processed in the history section and I don't know why. It won't process the compression.

Any ideas?
Re: Desperate for ANY Help!!! (October 24, 2010 03:34PM) Ken Stone Admin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login