compressing for web

compressing for web (October 24, 2010 11:14PM) Craig Golding
Hi everyone, I am trying to put a 5 minute video I made on my web site, I have contacted FOLIOLINK, who I have my website with, and they have said I would need to host my video with another service such as Mediafire, Vimeo, U- tube and that it would still run on my web page. (Don’t fully understand what this all means but will try and figure that out later).
The video I have was made in FCP 6.0.6 and I have a .mov quicktime movie file that was saved in the Apple ProRes 422 Codec. The file is about 1.5 gig. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me how I can compress this file for the web and keep the quality good. If there was a step by step paper on how to do this and what were the best settings .I still have the video saved with media manager if I need to go back to it.
Am using a Mac OSX 10.5.8 Dual 2.8 Ghz Macpro
thanks
Craig
Re: compressing for web (October 25, 2010 12:48AM) ronny courtens
Re: compressing for web (October 28, 2010 01:48AM) Craig Golding
Hi ronny
Just getting back to the computer after a couple days work away. Thanks very much for your reply . I just realized though that I didn’t’ mention the most important thing, that the video was shot not in HD but rather the old standard mini dv PAL 720 x 576, 4:3 format, so does that mean that I need to put in a lot of other different settings? Thanks for your time it is much appreciated. Cheers craig
I am going to go with VIMEO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login