Exporting HDV Video from the Timeline to Standard Definition DVD

Exporting HDV Video from the Timeline to Standard Definition DVD (August 18, 2008 05:50AM) koryb
Hello Ken,

I've inquired before about exporting already edited HDV footage.
What I used to do was drag my sequence to a new setting that was 48 NTSC DV Anamorphic, and then compress.
I was told that this was improper work flow and to try quicktime conversion using Pro Res 422. I used the method exactly but the "use current setting" was not a drop down option, the only one I could think to use was "default setting". After using this there was no Apple Pro Res option at the end. I'm not sure but I think that it might be due to the fact I'm using Final Cut Pro 5.1.2
The method I have been using is working, but the only problem I run into is that if I don't de-interlace the video all my motion scenes (moving camera left to right or up and down) seem blurred or to be trailing. I was told there is no reason to de-interlace, but how else can I get the trailing out of my footage.

Thanks
koryb
Re: Exporting HDV Video from the Timeline to Standard Definition DVD (August 18, 2008 11:24AM) Ken Stone Admin
FCP 5.1.2 goes back aways, but if you export QT with conversion, leave the Format as QT movie and click on the Options button, in the Video section click on SettingsSettings, if ProRes is available in 5.1.2, then it will be there.

Don't worry about the 'Use' dropdown box.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login