playback issues HDV sequence

playback issues HDV sequence (August 18, 2008 05:14PM) ham
HI everyone

Love the forum.

I have a small issue....when playing back HDV in the sequence timeline I am getting warnings about drive speed etc.

I have a quad core with 8 GB ram a good graphics card...

I thought I would be fine with playback in the time line with dynamic RT

What is a good setting for playback for HDV to avoid the warnings?

Cheers

Ham
Re: playback issues HDV sequence (August 19, 2008 07:57AM) ronny courtens
Hi Ham,

AFAIK you should not have any problems playing back HDV on the system you have. Are you absolutely sure your sequence settings are exactly the same as the format of your captured footage ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: playback issues HDV sequence (August 19, 2008 10:54AM) ham
Capture settings are sweet as....captured on external 800 firewire drive.

I do have about 6 HDV sequences open as well.

Would this affect playback? how many can you have open before playback issues occur?

Cheers

Ham

ps I could drop the playback settings
Re: playback issues HDV sequence (August 19, 2008 06:03PM) ronny courtens
Hi Ham,

HDV is very demanding on processor and graphics card. Having 6 sequences open mainly affects your RAM. So first try if your playback improves when you close the sequences you don't need.

When you use Qynamic RT you are already dropping the playback settings automatically when normal playback is not possible.

If you are happy with the playback you achieve in Dynamic RT you can always tell FCP not to bother you with these warnings. You can switch them off in Final Cut Pro > User Prefrences. Just un-check the box next to "Report dropped frames during playback".

One final thought: although fast codecs like DVCPROHD and ProRes do play smoothly from a FireWire drive, I think HDV has more problems with this. The fater your drive the more RT you get, especially with MPEG2 long GOP formats.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: playback issues HDV sequence (August 22, 2008 01:49PM) ham
Ronny

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions....your a awesome guy.

Ham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login