Re: Updated computer crashes FCP

Updated computer crashes FCP (August 18, 2008 09:12PM) zspace
After updating my g4 and my g5 both FCP now give me a "unexpectedly quit" situation, one has 2.25 ram (g5) and the other has 1.5 ram (g4).
Re: Updated computer crashes FCP (August 18, 2008 10:15PM) David Harbsmeier
You haven't provided nearly enough information. Updated from WHAT to WHAT? Give complete specs for both computers, including before and after OS versions, QT versions and FCP versions.

-DH
Re: Updated computer crashes FCP (August 19, 2008 07:11AM) zspace
Ok i'll limit this to my G4 for brevity. I updated the Itunes and quick time (7) to the latest versions and there were a couple of security patches as well. OS 10.3.9 , FCP 4.5
I have re-installed 2 Lacie hard drives and reset scratch discs and I can open previously completed smaller FCP projects just fine, but my current project (over an hour long) shut the system down, all projects are on the same ext hard drive.
Not sure what to do next.
Thanks
Re: Updated computer crashes FCP (August 19, 2008 11:34AM) David Harbsmeier
The issue is with the QT update you did, even if it was bundled with the iTunes update. FWIW, FCP 4.5 works best with QT 6.5.2 and OS 10.3.9. Since QT is such an integral part of many programs as well as the OS, it makes it hard to uninstall correctly. It would be best to back up your boot drive, reformat it and reinstall the OS and apps up to the point you need to be (but no further). Or you could upgrade your OS and FCP versions.

-DH
Re: Updated computer crashes FCP (August 19, 2008 03:57PM) zspace
This doen't explain why FCP as is will open other projects on the same ex drive.
I cannot do what you suggest because i bought this computer 4 years ago and do not have the apps to re-install. I'm incredulous that apple would make an update of qt that would disable anything created prior to the update, that sounds more like Microsoft.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login