Re: Power Point and FCP

Power Point and FCP (August 19, 2008 06:47AM) Tom George
I have a Power Point show on a DVD-RW that a client would like to have transfered to a DVD. I'm using FCP 6.0.2 on a G5. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 19, 2008 08:02AM) jlcinc
Two ways, save the PP as a QT movie or save the PP as jpegs (this will give you a folder with a jpeg of each slide).

John
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 19, 2008 12:01PM) Tom George
John,

I found out the client downloaded and copied this to his disc from the internet. I can only open it in PP on my Windows PC and cannot find a way to save it as a QT file or save the 7 slides it contains.

Tom
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 19, 2008 06:37PM) ronny courtens
Hi Tom,

Open the presentation on you PC, then choose File > Save As and change the Format to TIFF. Each slide will be saved as a TIFF file, but of course you will ose any animation within or between the slides. Then you can either use the TIFFS as a slideshow in DVDSP or edit them with animation in FCP and make a QT movie.

PPT on a PC can also save the presentation as a movie in the AVI format (File > Sava a movie). In most cases this works, in some cases it doesn't (hey, you're on a PC! - joke). The advantage of this is that the movie does show most of the animation within or between the sliides (not all of them, there are limitations). If you can export the presenatation as an AVI you can bring this AVI into FCP, render as a QT movie and make your DVD.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 20, 2008 02:37AM) Tom George
Ronny,

The name of the file is 14703-2aguerramundial.pps, not sure if this matters or not. I am not given a Save As choice after I open the presentation so I cannot save it as another type of file. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 20, 2008 09:12AM) ronny courtens
Hi Tom,

This explains everything. Just change the extension from .pps to .ppt,

You can do this without any problems. Once your file hast the .ppt extension you will be able to save your slides to TIFF.
.pps is read-only and is used to view PowerPoint presentations with the free PPS player for people who don't have PowerPoint installed.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 20, 2008 11:40AM) Tom George
Ronny,

I was able to get the TIF images but what I need to do is to somehow get the actual slideshow to a DVD as a movie. Would it help to gain acces to the website link where it came from? I think the client said that's where he got it from.

Tom
Re: Power Point and FCP (August 20, 2008 06:12PM) ronny courtens
Hi Tom,

Have you tried saving the PPT as a movie ? If this does not work there is no way you can put the actual slideshow as it is to a DVD, unless you take the TIFFS and make your own slideshow in FCP and put this to DVD, or use the slideshow options in DVDSP.

One other possibility: play the slideshow on your screen and use a video screen capture application to record the PPT slideshow as a movie. I assume your client has the lawful right to copy this presentation to DVD ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login