Re: Motion Training Book

Motion Training Book (August 19, 2008 02:56PM) Tom Stitzer
Hi all,

A question for you all... I have been using the Apple Pro Training Series book for DVD Studio Pro to ensure I am really getting what I can out of it. I've had very good luck with this book over others I have tried. I also, of course, read many of the articles here and elsewhere. Basically, whatever is free, I'll read. There are a ton of paid tutorials and videos but for now, I go with free. In fact, this book I found at the local Bookman's, a used CD, DVD, Tape, VHS, Book, etc store. As I had a ton of trade credit there, the book didn't cost me any real cash, only 20 in credit. Oh, and the DVD rom was included as well.

Just tonight Bookman's ended up having a used copy of the book for Motion, with the DVD (for 22 credit). Again, as I have trade credit, it doesn't really cost me cash. So I bought it.

My question is: Can I learn the basics using this book and my version of Motion 3? Has enough stayed the same so that I can get the gist of things, and then maybe look elsewhere online for help with the new stuff added into 3?

Thanks!
Re: Motion Training Book (August 19, 2008 06:03PM) John Livings
Re: Motion Training Book (August 19, 2008 06:25PM) ronny courtens
Hi Tom,

Motion 3 has been a major improvement over Motion 2, but the basics (layouts, workflows, animation priciples...) are exactly the same. So yes, you can get started with this book and already get a long way into the basics of Motion.

I agree with John that Lynda.com offers excellent tutorials and this should be your next step. As this is a graphics compositing application there is no book in the world that can explain things as good as video tutorials can do. Another great resource for Motion are the Motion DVDs of Mark Spencer at Ripple Training.

Motion is easy to understand at first, but once you get beyond the basics you start discovering its real power, and then the learning curve becomes much steeper..

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Motion Training Book (August 20, 2008 03:12PM) Tom Stitzer
Thanks for the replies all. I'll start with the book and then next summer when I have more time off from work, I'll sign up for Lynda with the monthly package.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login