Re: get the best video quality

get the best video quality (August 19, 2008 07:04PM) Harriet
hello everyone

anything specific I should change in my setting/ preferences in order to get the best colors and video quality? rendering, playback control, video processing?

thanks in advance
Re: get the best video quality (August 19, 2008 07:40PM) ronny courtens
Hi Harriet,

First let me reply to your PM: if you use Magic Bullet gradient filters to adapt certain shots to footage that was shot using a camera gradient filter, you must first apply the Magic Bullet filter, tweak it until it matches the shots with the camera filter, and only then do your complete color matching of shots within a scene. As Steve said in the post below, the stacking order of your filters also has an influence on your render quality.

Second, you say have two issues going on: "digital noise" and a thin red line.

If your picture gets noisy when stacking multiple effects this can have many reasons.

- First make sure all your render options are fully checked. Choose Sequence > Render All and make sure ALL the render options are checked, including the Full (dark green) option. Then press ALT+R to render your entire timeline. See if the render quality is any better now.

- Second you can improve the render quality of YUV based filters by changing your video processing sttings. Choose Seqence > Settings, click the Video Processing tab and select "Render all YUV material in high-precision YUV". Render again and see if this improves your quality. If this does not improve your quality, set it back to its original setting.

- The thin red line may or may not be a rendering artifact. I think this is caused by your masks rather than by some rendering artifact. Try this:

Deselect the visibility icon of yoru video layers one by one until the line disappears. If it disappears on a mask layer, make the layer visible again and then make the mask boundaries larger than your video frame (you should always do this anyway). Now render and see if the line has disappeared.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: get the best video quality (August 19, 2008 07:54PM) Harriet
thank you so much Ronny, you've been a great help to me

I will try these options and let you know if i see any change, but I have a nother question
I am trying to give the movie a film feeling, the effects that I've used they change the picture colors and brightness and they look good, but what about the film movement? is there anything I can do to make the movie have that feeling? something that will not need another plug in (I remember once I read something about going from progressive to interlace!!! not sure)
Re: get the best video quality (August 19, 2008 09:49PM) ronny courtens
Re: get the best video quality (August 19, 2008 11:30PM) Harriet
thanks Ronny

I am running a test with nattress right now, but what about the sound? how do I re-sync it?
hmm, the picture looks as if it is in slow motion and the movement is not clean at all!!!
I am converting Pal -> 24p any idea why this is happening?

Re: get the best video quality (August 20, 2008 03:46AM) ronny courtens
Harriet,

If your edit is PAL then don't bother converting to 24 fps, this is useless unless you are going to blow up your video to 35 mm film. And even then the conversion to 24p is not done by you but by the people who make the film copy.You won't notice any difference between PAL (which is 25fps) and 24fps. You will only lose a lot of time and video quality.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: get the best video quality (August 20, 2008 04:24AM) Harriet
thanks Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login