Re: Dull audio in Compressor export of DVCPRO HD timeline

Dull audio in Compressor export of DVCPRO HD timeline (August 20, 2008 07:58AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I just exported a 5 minute DVCPRO HD 720 60i timeline using Compressor in order to make an SD DVD in DVD SP4. I used
the DVD 90 minute Best Quality settings and increased the bit rate since the program was so short. IThe process took 1 hour 10 minutes. When I played back the new mp2 and aiff files in DVD SP4, the video seemed fine but the audio was dull, muffled sounding and generally low in volume. When I play the timeline in FCP, it sounds as bright and crisp as a bell.
Am I using the wrong setting for compressing audio in Compressor? Or should I be exporting in an entirely different way?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Dull audio in Compressor export of DVCPRO HD timeline (August 20, 2008 08:05AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Dull audio in Compressor export of DVCPRO HD timeline (August 20, 2008 08:13AM) philsfilm
Ah yes, the old normalization panel! I forgot that. That would explain why it sounds so compressed.

Thanks, Ken

One more question:

is it customary for 5 minute timeline in DVDPRO HD 720 60i to take so long to compress?
Re: Dull audio in Compressor export of DVCPRO HD timeline (August 20, 2008 08:15AM) Ken Stone Admin
Don't know. Sometimes it seems that Compressor takes forever. As long as the output is good .......

--ken
Re: Dull audio in Compressor export of DVCPRO HD timeline (August 20, 2008 08:20AM) philsfilm
Yeah, I just wonder how I would handle it if I had to compress something longer, say in the 30 minute range.

Would I have to build a day into my finishing schedule in order to let the Compressor do its thing?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login