Re: DVD SP assets become unconnected

DVD SP assets become unconnected (August 22, 2008 11:38PM) Deanna
Hi,

I finished a project a few months ago and burned to disk just fine. A few days ago I opened the same file and I kept getting messages as the file was opening, that something was missing. I don't remember the exact wording but what it amounted to was that the main movie asset was no longer connected. This was a finished project, encoded, built and burned. Why would it suddenly be missing something when I simply try to open the file again? (this has happened with a couple of my projects)

I hope I've explained this well enough

Thanks,
Deanna
aka mcoltezo
Re: DVD SP assets become unconnected (August 23, 2008 01:53AM) sbeisen
Re: DVD SP assets become unconnected (August 23, 2008 11:28AM) Alexander
Ctr click in the assets tab and select "re-link".
To tidy up your assets select "reveal in finder", and re-organize.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: DVD SP assets become unconnected (August 23, 2008 07:31AM) Tom George
Deanna,

Did you try to reopen withing DVDSP? What is the exact message? This will help in troubleshooting your problem.

Tom
Re: DVD SP assets become unconnected (August 23, 2008 11:53AM) Deanna
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I don't believe I moved anything related to this file. I did re-open the FCP project where the asset came from. But this was only to duplicate the opening and closing sequences because I was using the same opening for three projects with just some text changes.

I definitely have it still as I still have the FCP project as I mentioned above. I'll have to check what the message is next time I'm on the computer (I'm on a different one at the moment). It's just that I finally remembered to post this question earlier today. Fortunately I wasn't stopped from doing my next project but I was curious why a finished project would do this. I think I mentioned it happened as well to the first of the three as well, though that particular project changed a little because I copied the sequence rather than duplicated it and that messed it. Oh well, I learned eventually!

I'll check what the message is and report back.

Cheers,
Deanna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login