Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro

Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 03:18PM) filmguy3d
Hi Ken,

Two days into my New Mac Pro..and some of the Keyboard Shortcuts aren't working especially Command f9 & f10 my most used. Keyboard "J", "L" are working. I've checked the Tools Bar and Keyboard Layout as well as User Manual but can't locate how to 'activate'. I'm missing something obvious?!? The new Mac Pro and Final Cut totally rock! Thanks for your help/ All Best, John
Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 03:19PM) David Harbsmeier
Go to System Preferences and click on the Expose pane. Set the global use for F9, F10 and F11 to something else (or to nothing) so they'll work properly in FCP.

-DH
Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 04:18PM) John Livings
Hi John,

Another key to be aware of is the "A" key.

In FCP the "A" key selects the Arrow Tool,

In MOTION the "A" key starts recording Key Frames.

This was brought to my attention in a Larry Jordan Tutorial.

As you are typing TEXT and type the letter "a" Not only do you get the letter "a" you also start recording Key Frames.

You will probably will want to change that in Motion Keyboard Preferences to None

Regards, John
Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 04:41PM) filmguy3d
Thanks all.. Changed Expose' f9, f10 & f11 to none but did not work. Re started the Mac and it wouldn't re boot..Mac Pro won't boot up. trying the anecdotes in "Everything Mac" to no avail. Except Re booting with shift key works.. however the computer is acting strange and won't boot FCP...Hmmmm...
Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 04:55PM) filmguy3d
Okay.. it finally re booted.. Thanks I'll try the above//John
Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 05:41PM) John Livings
Hi John,

If the above does not work, you might try this;

#1- go to Apple>Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts and un-check F9 thru F12 (I have had FCP shortcuts default to OS-X Keyboard Shortcut Defaults)

#2- With FCP OFF (Quit) Go to Dock>Finder>User>Library>Preferences>com.apple.FinalCutPro.Plist and TRASH the Plist but do not empty trash.
Open FCP and go to #3.

#3- With FCP open In Tool Bar go to Tools>Keyboard Layout>Customize.. Then set things your way.

Be advised, I am new to Editing and may be wrong,The above works for me.

Regards, John
Re: Keboard Shortcuts Not All Working w/ New Mac Pro (August 24, 2008 06:34PM) filmguy3d
thanks all.. so far I'm not getting Keyboard shortcuts to work.. Perhaps it's a Monday project.. all best/John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login