Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE

COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 29, 2011 03:05AM) jrosson
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 29, 2011 04:16AM) steve douglas
What BD burner were you using?
Steve
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 29, 2011 05:15AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi JR,

Wow, I had no idea that you could use the process to make copies of Blu-ray (BD), really good to know. What you are saying is that it seems to work with re writables but not write once media. That's very strange.

Thanks for posting this.

--ken
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 29, 2011 09:20AM) jrosson
Hi Steve -- using the LG 'Multi-Blue' burner.

Ken, not sure we can draw that write-once/rewritable conclusion. I believe the issue is something I haven't figured my way around or a bug involving Disc Utility.

I HAVE been able to get the burner to work with these same 'write once' BD's using Share (I'm careful to put the BD in before I start the encode) and it will work. As well, I'm fortunate now to get the 'burn again?' pop-up, which I was not getting before. So I'm able to burn copies initially. But I have to figure out exactly how many I'll need because once I quit the process I have to re-encode.

The 'no space' issue crops up with a disc image using Disc Utility. Either when I burn a disc image from the start of an encode, or as I lately found out copying an already burned Blu-Ray. Either way I'm not able to make those discs work (i.e. I get the 'not enough room on the disc' error) with Disc Utility. Oddly -- that expensive, non-inkjet printable, re-writeable does work. Go figure.

JR
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 29, 2011 10:02AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi JR,

Could you keep us posted as you work through this.

Using Disk Utility to make copies of BDs is pretty exciting stuff. Maybe you'll be able to figure out how to use regular BD blanks, that would be huge.

Thanks,

--ken
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 29, 2011 10:18AM) jrosson
My pleasure.
I'm pretty sure others who are burning BD's have not had this problem -- at least I couldn't google it.
Maybe a burner issue?
I'll post when I know more.
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 30, 2011 02:48AM) sbvideo
Hi

You may want to check and see if there is a firmware update for your LG burner. If there is be prepared to boot into windows to apply the patch as it usually only runs under windows.

sb
Re: COPY BLU-RAY DISC IMAGE (March 31, 2011 01:46AM) jrosson
sb thank you, that's a good idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login