Re: Newbie Compresser Question (HD and SD)

Newbie Compresser Question (HD and SD) (August 25, 2008 10:45AM) Tom Stitzer
Ok, so I did some runs with Compressor on my approximately 30 minute SD (not HD) video. I used the Best Quality setting, tweaked a little with Ken's help on another thread. I can burnt hat with DVD Studio Pro just fine and get a SD DVD nicely. Now, I ALSO exported it from Compressor using the HD H.264 60 Minute setting in Compressor.

My question is... can I get THAT HD exported file onto a Standard DVD, in a SD DVD format (not HD DVD) that would play in a regular (non-HD) DVD player? The file is small enough gigabyte-wise that it would fit fine on a SD-DVD.

Or is my only option to make a HD-DVD using a Standard DVD (per the tutorial here on the site), leaving me with a HD DVD that can only be played in computers and HD-DVD players?

I ask because the exported HD video was so much clearer than the exported SD video and I'd love to be able to have that on a disc that everyone can play as opposed to just people with HD DVD players. The tutorial on the site said he started with HD footage and exported it with Compressor to a SD setting, whereas I am starting with SD footage, exporting to a HD setting. IS this possible or am I thoroughly confused?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Newbie Compresser Question (HD and SD) (August 25, 2008 11:14AM) Ken Stone Admin
HI Tom,

If I understand your question correctly, you can not use H.264 for SD DVDs. Only MPEG 2.

--ken
Re: Newbie Compresser Question (HD and SD) (August 25, 2008 11:39AM) Tom Stitzer
That's what I was thinking. Oh well! Thanks!

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login