"This Operation Could Not Be Completed As There Is No Video"

"This Operation Could Not Be Completed As There Is No Video" (August 25, 2008 12:55PM) bashea
I'm trying to batch capture a project, with a provided project file (.fcp), but it just ain't happening, and I can't figure out why, and working solely with DVD-provided material for the past year isn't helping.

The material is on MiniDV, and I'm using a Canon ZR-100 camera firewired to my G5 with FCP 6.0.4. I just keep getting "This operation could not be completed as there is no video". I even tried rolling the camera and using Capture/Now, but get the same error message.

Also, there's "Preview Disabled" in the Log & Capture" window (if that's a clue).

I've checked the Audio/Video settings and they seem to be OK - Capture Preset: DV NTSC 48 kHz, Device Control Preset: FireWire NTSC, Video Playback: Apple FireWire NTSC (720x480).

I can play/rewind/fast forward the camera with the VTR controls in the Log & Capture window, the ZR-100 is showing in System Profiler>Hardware>Firewire, and I can hear the camera running as FCP tries to cue the footage up.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Of course, this is a good paying gig with a deadline...
Re: "This Operation Could Not Be Completed As There Is No Video" (August 25, 2008 01:46PM) Ken Stone Admin
You might ant to try 'firewire basic' as your capture preset.

--ken
Re: "This Operation Could Not Be Completed As There Is No Video" (August 26, 2008 01:00AM) VT_Video
You may want to run a head cleaning tape through your ZR-100
Re: "This Operation Could Not Be Completed As There Is No Video" (September 29, 2008 07:25PM) bashea
For closure purposes, it was the camera that was the problem. I borrowed a DV play deck from a friend and captured everything without a problem.

The End.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login