Re: TRASHING PREFERENCES PROBLEM

TRASHING PREFERENCES PROBLEM (August 26, 2008 09:21AM) bashea
I'm trying to trash my preferences (don't ask), and following the procedures from a White Paper article I found here, but the last step is to drag "Final Cut Pro POA Cache" to the trash bin, but I don't see it in the Final Cut Pro User Data folder. The only cache files there are "Final Cut Pro Obj Cache" and "Final Cut Pro Prof Cache".

Which one do I trash?

I think the problem is that I have FCP 6.0.4, and the article was published in 2004.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: TRASHING PREFERENCES PROBLEM (August 26, 2008 09:28AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: TRASHING PREFERENCES PROBLEM (August 26, 2008 10:06AM) bashea
Ken:

I'm going to get sappy here for a moment, but the purpose of life is to help each other get through it, and if you haven't earned your way into heaven yet, you surely have with this web site - the articles, the ability for us to discuss and solve FCP problems, to lend advice on equipment and software, and especially the help you personally give to others.....while not asking for anything in return.

I'm mainly a shooter, but first learned editing on a couple of U-Matics and an RM-440 (not many remember those days), and just a couple of years ago got into editing professionally with Final Cut Pro. I can't tell you how many times I was almost in tears (I will not discuss the profanity that proceeded it) because of problems that had stopped me in my tracks on a deadline project that I needed to pay the rent, but Ken Stone's FCP got me through it (and to be fair, sometimes LAFCPUG).

So, Ken, a million thanks would not be enough.

But, perhaps some day, a glass of 18-year-old single malt.
Re: TRASHING PREFERENCES PROBLEM (August 26, 2008 10:27AM) Ken Stone Admin
Thanks for the kudos, much appreciated.

Could you attach a glass of 18-year-old single malt in an email to me. It's hot here in LA and a ice cold malt sounds good right about now.

(g)

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login