Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U)

Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 26, 2008 10:25AM) gijacklin
Ken please delete this if it is inappropriate to be asking for this kind of help here. But I figured because so many people offered their input on what kind of camera it would be cool. Obviously my loan didn't come in in time for this huge shoot I have this weekend so I have no choice but to beg for help on this shoot at Universal Studios, North Hollywood this weekend 30th - 1st.

I need a DP with own quality HD Camera package (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) to shoot interviews at THE CANCER CONTROL SOCIETY for MAJOR DOCUMENTARY FILM - ICURECANCER.COM PART II. Funding has not come in for this yet BUT IT WILL! It will be SAT. SUN. MON. starting at 9am and going sporadically all day each day. My other help just bailed so need your help to keep this going! I can't pay much as until funding comes in as I'm still a starving artist. You can check out icurecancer.com to see my efforts in this good humanitarian cause to date. Many lives have been saved from part I. Thanks to respect from it I will be getting funding for part II but it's taking a little longer. Regardless this shoot could last up to 3 years and helpers now get first dibs on international shoots down the line. The interviews are most interesting from Doctors and patients that have cured themselves of cancer!!! I hope $50 a day will at least cover your gas and food now and deferred pay of course later. You will not be disappointed working on this!

Sincerely
ian jacklin
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 26, 2008 10:36AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 26, 2008 04:49PM) MarkLoPresti
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 26, 2008 11:28PM) gijacklin
Thanks Ken. I appreciate that very much. I got a half a dozen responses from Craigs List from amazingly talented and experienced guys! As you mentioned people are respecting the cause. So I should be okay. Oh and here's the kicker! Right after I booked the pro DP a close personal friend bought me the Sony HVR-Z7U on her credit card knowing with the work I will get with it I can pay her back in a month or two! So I will have a two camera shoot out of nowhere for my movie and something to create capital with after months of researching, fretting, wrestling with banks, bugging friends, etc... Whew. Patience is a virtue. And it all worked out in the end.
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 27, 2008 05:29AM) Ken Stone Admin
Glad it's all working out for you. The Z1 is an impressive camera.

--ken
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 27, 2008 01:06PM) rista
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 27, 2008 04:33PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Mio,

What can I say. I was unhappy of his assesment of the HVX 200 now 200A. I love the camera. Waiting for the HPX 170.

Having said that, all of the information, other than the camera reviews, I found to be very important information and well presented, and I do reference it from time to time.

--ken
Re: Regarding best HD camera's to purchase (P2/EX1/HVE-Z7U) (August 27, 2008 06:40PM) rista
<What can I say. I was unhappy of his assesment of the HVX 200 now 200A.>

Just scanned the handbook yesterday, haven't read all reviews.

<Having said that, all of the information, other than the camera reviews, I found to be very important information and well presented, and I do reference it from time to time. >

Yes, I agree on that.

Mo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login