Re: AVCHD Looks Bad

AVCHD Looks Bad (August 27, 2008 10:20AM) filmguy3d
Hi Ken,

After transferring AVCHD footage via instructions..it looks pixilated and "sawed" up. Any way of making this stuff look good?

The Beat Goes On,
John
Re: AVCHD Looks Bad (August 27, 2008 10:37AM) Ken Stone Admin
What did you do, where are you viewing it? What sequence settings, etc. Need info.

--ken
Re: AVCHD Looks Bad (August 27, 2008 10:43AM) filmguy3d
Hi Ken,

Found preferences in Log and Transfer and changed it to Pro Res to see if that's the reason the transfer looked bad. Viewing through firewire to monitor.. The file in the transfer window does not look bad .. I had not selected anything in the preferences pane. Will report after transfer with pro res. What is your recommendation?

Thanks, John
Re: AVCHD Looks Bad (August 27, 2008 10:56AM) filmguy3d
Hello Again,

What settings in Import Preferences do I use...I am supposing AVCHD Apple ProRes 422. The new transfer still looked bad. I would like the sequence to retain the squeezed 16:9 image. Looking through the manuals for help on this..

John
Re: AVCHD Looks Bad (August 27, 2008 03:28PM) David Harbsmeier
>>Viewing through firewire to monitor<<

Viewing on an SD monitor? You can't view HD properly via Firewire ... especially on an SD monitor. You'll need a dedicated capture card (AJA or Decklink) and an HD monitor or something like the Matrox MXO for monitoring on a Cinema display via HDMI.

-DH
Re: AVCHD Looks Bad (August 27, 2008 05:18PM) filmguy3d
Thank You! Learning Curve HD101.. I realized I was viewing everything fine, HD on computer monitors and SD via firewire.. pulled it into the projector and it's really WOW! It's really incredibly beautiful on a 13' screen. How to go back to SD after this!!!

Thanks for the help as always,
John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login