Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library

Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 09:29AM) throdown
Hi Guys...I recently upgraded my Apple to 10.5.4 and did all the upgrades necessary to run FCP Studio 2.
I have just tried to open the Motion upgrade, and now it opens however, the file browser/library side window doesn't open.
I have gone back to my save window layout view and nothing happened when I clicked on my layout view.
Any thoughts on how to retrieve this 'box' or 'window'???

Thanks,
Howard
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 10:00AM) Ken Stone Admin
Menu bar > Windows > Layout > Standard

--ken
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 10:09AM) throdown
Hi Ken...unfortunately, I opened the program, the Motion 3 upgrade box came up, the preference box for the kind of project I want to open came up, my default is set for DV-NTSC, I chose that, and now there are NO windows that have come up.
When I upgraded the program, I didn't extract any older Motion programs...should I have done that? and if so, how do I do that?
Your friend,
Howard
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 10:11AM) throdown
Just an addendum to the last post, I clicked new project, and the canvas window came up, but not the utility box, which was the original problem. I have done as you said, and the utility box hasn't come back up.
Howard
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 11:04AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Howard,

There is no need to uninstall an app before upgrading. You just upgrad right on top of the old one.

Don't know what you mean by the utility box.

Quit Motion. HD > User > Libray > Preferences.

Look com.apple.motion.plist

Drag to the trash (do not empty) and launch Motion. After Motion launches you can emptyn the trash.

--ken
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 11:19AM) throdown
Thank you Ken...did the trick as always...
Regards to the family...
Howard
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 11:21AM) throdown
PS...the utility box was termed by Apple tutorials as holding the file browser/library/inspector side box just to the left of the canvas in the standard layout. I termed it that because I was trying to be as specific as I could.
Thanks again!
Howard
Re: Motion starting up without file browser/library (August 28, 2008 11:26AM) Ken Stone Admin
Okay, File Browser and Inspector. Yes, apple does come up with strange names.

Anyway, it's back.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login